- Public records on educational assessments show declines in math and English proficiency
- Record student loan debt is a major crisis
- Data reveals who would benefit most from student loan forgiveness
- Statistics show pandemic increased students’ anxiety and depression
- California graduation rates and average SAT scores
- Public records reveal a racial academic achievement gap
- Public data on Washington state SAT scores
- Potential reasons why fewer men are going to college
- Record number of college students taking online classes in 2020
- 2020 SAT data shows racial disparities
There are several organizations and websites that rank high schools, including U.S. News & World Report, Niche, and The Washington Post. These rankings are often based on a combination of factors, including test scores, graduation rates, college readiness, and student-teacher ratios. Other factors that may be considered include extracurricular activities, athletics, and the availability of advanced coursework.
One example of a highly ranked public high school is Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria, Virginia. It is consistently ranked as one of the top high schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has been recognized for its strong science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs.
Another example is the International Academy in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, which is a public high school that focuses on international studies and offers a rigorous curriculum that includes multiple languages and study abroad opportunities. It has consistently been ranked as one of the top high schools in the United States by various organizations.
A third example is the Monta Vista High School in Cupertino, California that is known for its strong Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and also for its high-level academic programs. It has been consistently ranked in the top high schools by organizations like US News & World Report and Niche.
A fourth example is the Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, Maryland, is known for its challenging curriculum, highly trained teachers, and its emphasis on the arts. It has been consistently ranked as one of the top high schools in the United States by various organizations.
A fifth example is the Adlai E. Stevenson High School, a public school located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Known for its focus on technology and its International Baccalaureate programme that has been consistently ranked as one of the top high schools in the United States by various organizations.